Monday, January 4, 2010

BEST GIFT OF 2009!

I try to surround myself with music every day, wherever I am. I spend a lot of time alone in my car, and I think I give my fellow road users a lot of entertainment! If I am listening to a song that I love I tend to sing along at the top of my voice, as well as making some dance moves!

My music taste isn't complicated or deep or even very meaningful! (I did that whole dark and meaningful thing at university) Now, I listen to whatever grabs my attention. Sometimes it is something commercial, and sometimes it is something like AMY MACDONALD, of whom I have never heard before I was given the album. A friend gave it to me for my birthday.

I had a great party, and didn't open any gifts until the next morning. My little boy woke me early the next day, and we sat down on my living room floor to open my presents. I opened this particular gift, and didn't even give it a second glance until about 3 weeks later (I had no idea who this Amy-person was). I remembered the CD, and decided to give it a listen - without expecting anything. WOW!! I loved it from the first track to the last.

It isn't profound, but I think the lyrics are great, and this is the only CD that can calm me down when I hit bad traffic. Please do yourself a favor and go and buy this. It was in all honesty one of my best gifts of 2009.


No comments:

Post a Comment