Friday, January 15, 2010

WHAT ON EARTH IS GOING ON, MR JACOBS??

I fell in love with LOUIS VUITTON when MARC JACOBS designed the 2009 collection with the tribal looking platform shoes! I loved the whole collection. The clothes, the shoes, everything! Then came the winter collection, which wasn't bad, but definitely not living up to the previous.
And then came the biggest shock when I opened my new VOGUE, to see the ugliest shoes that I have seen in the longest time - in a LOUIS VUITTON ad. I immediately went on line to see what the new collection looked like - and I wanted to capture the very weird collection for all to see.

I don't understand how one person can design collections that are so different! Maybe he was getting tired of 'pretty'; or maybe he is just totally overworked. Whatever the case may be, I really struggle to understand this collection (and I PROMISE here and now that I will NOT wear shoes like these EVER!!)

Please note the shoes in the pictures below...

READY TO WEAR 2010






READY TO WEAR 2009 (already a bit disturbing with the funny headgear..)




EARLY 2009..



MY FAVORITE 2009...





(all images from style.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment